Saturday, May 12, 2018

Speed Programming Competition Enhance Your Skills

Speed Programming Competition Enhance Your Skills

Image source: http://www.chokleong.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/codingame625.png

Speed Programming Competition Enhance Your Skills

Speed Programming, most of the members might have not even heard this term particularly people not belonging to Computer Science. I listen it a lot when my brother got admission in Computer Science, indicating he was really fond of programming. At the time of my admission in university, he forced me to get admission in a computer university. I don't know how but I certainly started getting interest in programming and then again the term speed programming came into my life when my university organized a competition. I participated and won the competition from the freshmen side.
It was a wonderful experience to be a speed programmer. Speed Programming enhance our thinking skills. How? when we get our hands on the keyboard without having aware of the problem is going to solve or not, without being known of how we should solve this?. The time when we think and think with all our mind, is the time when we get in practice with thinking good and logically in a short time.
Speed Programming competitions also helps you making decisions, not in a programming life but also in the practical life. If you are still asking how than my answer is going to be the nearly the same, that is "Thinking practice".
Some people who do not take participate in such competition or those who not actually get success in such competitions sometimes think that they might will not prove a good programmer in future life. No this is not the case, however;I am not in practical life of programming, neither I have taken some sort of survey asking programmers about this question. But my teacher once told me this thing that in practical life of programming things counted are your programing style,how you solve a certain problem, how you respond to assignment is actually count not in what time you completed a certain program.
What if this not actually count in the practical programming life?are you not going to participate in such competitions if you get a chance in your life? I think you should participate because this thing might not have any or little effect on your programmer's job but this could have a drastic change in your life at some point as already told you the importance of how this effects our practical life.
One thing I sometime think about speed programming when we try to solve a certain problem, we are somehow trying to create a good logic in a shorter time and our brain works like a machine gun firing in the war. So, if we are getting good logical mind through such competitions why we don't participate.
I have been in contact with some of my friends asking why you don't participate in such competitions?, they often give me some lame excuses like "we were not able to participate in such a tough competition while being in a learning age.". Some say,"we had not time to participate.". Some say,"we don't get enough chances from our university."
I reply them even the competition was tough and even you were not able to solve a single problem of the competition, even then this is effecting your logical thinking somehow. Because you at least thought about the problem while other don't. Some who say they had not time to participate, I reply to them if you have the time to take your dinner how could not you have to participate. And the most lame excuse I just told which is they say they don't get chance from their university. I simply say,"you don't get chance it's OK but there are also some speed programming competitions online like www.howtomates.com provides you with this flavor of speed programming, which you rarely may found in other speed programming competition.

Student Procrastination Laziness or Anxiety

Image source: http://bridgenews.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/procrastination.gif Student Procrastination Laziness or Anxiety Procrastinat...